Here's to a safe and enjoyable Labor Day weekend for everyone...
- With all this talk about Fed policy, it's important to remember that however consequential a rate cut might be for market psychology and investor confidence, the real economic effects of monetary policy changes typically take quite a while to kick in.
- Jenny Anderson and Heather Timmons consider the past, present, and future of debt-related financial engineering in The New York Times.
- Slate's Daniel Gross riffs on the phenomenon of public companies shedding subsidiaries.
- Writing at MarketWatch, Mark Hulbert notes that corporate insiders appear plenty bullish these days.
- Barry Ritholtz wonders out loud about the timing of a certain White House announcement this morning.
- These are interesting and uncertain times at Fidelity.