Intriguing insights from around the web...
- James Picerno has some interesting data on the relative market capitalization and performance of the 10 S&P sectors.
- MarketBeat's Mark Gongloff put together an excellent summary of the provisions and potential implications of FAS 157.
- Another apt follow-up to our recent posts on momentum-chasing and capitulation: Minyanville's Kevin DePew passes along some fascinating research on herding behavior at the end of Wednesday's "Five Things You Should Know."
- The Fed's Randall Krozner says it out loud: Don't count on any more rate cuts.
- Barry Ritholtz stays on the inflation beat, with two timely items this morning (here and here).
- With an assist from David Einhorn, Yves Smith pulls the curtain back on the rating agencies.