Crude oil and stocks both moving higher? Are we sure the Earth is still spinning on its axis?
- Via Barry Ritholtz and Doug Kass, Portfolio's collection of memorable remarks from the (shrunken)titans of the banking world.
- Good news and bad news all rolled into one: The Fed extends its extraordinary lending services to the investment banks into 2009. Here's MarketBeat's take on the Fed's move.
- From Bespoke: The last 12 months have seen significantly more day-to-day volatility (as measured in "1% days") than the preceding few years. But these levels aren't at all unprecedented.
- Via Abnormal Returns, the FT weighs in on the declining fortunes of funds of hedge funds.
- Interesting and challenging times for service providers in the 401(k) marketplace. (Interesting for sure. But challenging? Only if they don't take their fiduciary duty seriously.)