Another long weekend? If we must.
- At Minyanville, Kevin Depew has a special guest making the bear case.
- In the Los Angeles Times, Michael Shermer notes the evolutionary roots of "irrational" economic behavior (via Jeff Saut).
- Big mutual fund companies and the Investment Company Institute go to war over the tax treatment of exchange-traded notes.
- To no one's surprise, Bernanke and Paulson choose the sunny side of the arbitrary recession line. But to their credit, they do acknowledge serious challenges.
- In The Economist's Buttonwood column, a fair-minded treatment of hedge funds.