A little reading to get the week started...
- The bad news is that the SEC has shelved reform of 12b-1 fees. The good news is that we still have plenty to complain about in the world of mutual funds.
- Interesting piece of research from Vanguard on the effects of bear markets on retirees.
- Here's a slick, simple presentation of data on the increased correlations among asset classes in times of acute market stress (via Barry Ritholtz).
- This is a few days old, but it's still plenty relevant, especially on an afternoon of trading that ended like this one: Calculated Risk on last week's real estate data.
- As if all that weren't enough, we have the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation making an absolutely horrific, ill-timed shift in its investment policy.