For your personal enlightenment:
- Per our Wednesday post, here's a discussion of bringing banks back down to size from Felix Salmon (at his new Reuters blog).
- Also related to yesterday's post: Eliot Spitzer on Washington's refusal to use its existing regulatory authority to bring the banks to heel.
- Looking for a tidy summary of economic conditions? Here's an impressive array of charts from Calculated Risk, delightfully pretty and depressingly ugly all at once.
- On the question of protecting bank bondholders, we have John Hussman in one corner, and Guest Contributor (writing at the WSJ's Real Time Economics) in the other.
- If hope-revulsion-indifference really is the sequence, we appear to be lurching into that second stage.